[lbo-talk] European cities hit by anti-austerity protests (correction)

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 12:17:49 PDT 2010

Somebody: "it doesn't even occur to most people that the banks and other major corporations could possibly be held account for anything they do."

[WS:] I would not go that far (but I agree with the rest of your posting.) I've seen a lot of people pissed off at banks and fat cats.

The problem is not whether they are angry, but how they vent that anger - by kicking a dog, so to speak, instead of standing up to the boss. Most Americans are in the pockets of banks and corporations - one paycheck away from homelessness. So instead of risking their jobs and their way of life by barking at banks and corporations, they bark at safe targets - the government and the immigrants. It is relatively safe. And if some of them get really angry, they go postal.

Wojtek