[lbo-talk] European cities hit by anti-austerity protests (correction)

dredmond at efn.org dredmond at efn.org
Thu Sep 30 16:26:03 PDT 2010

On Wed, September 29, 2010 3:34 pm, Shane Mage wrote:

> Your vote for and present extenuation of Obama are alike based on
> supposition: that the alternatives would be noticeably worse.

The alternative was worse. A McCain Presidency = no StimPak, economic freefall, no moves towards a multipolar world, and at least two new imperial wars (one against Iran, one against a democratic state, Russia). In response, the BRICs would've stopped buying T-bills in December 2008 and all geopolitical hell would be loose.

I was a little worried about the 2012 election, but it looks like the BRICs have stepped up their time-table. By 2011, they should have the world economy humming again.

-- DRR