[lbo-talk] Amid tougher times, spending on payroll soars at Michigan universities

c b cb31450 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 13:49:13 PDT 2011

Alan Rudy

Wow, CB, now you are sending us articles from the Freep (of all places) driven by Republican talking points (of all things) and citing the Mackinaw Center's (amazing...) critique of education costs/inefficiencies? I'd have thought you'd place the Mackinaw Center among the fascists...

^^^^^ CB: We should consider whether there is any motive for the Freep to tell half-truths on this. But in general, I also send articles from the Wall Street Journal and NYT from time to time. It was the agents of Big Finance who told us that US financial institutions too-big-to-fail were failing to the tune of many, many billions (at least). It was the Detroit News that reported Detroit unemployment at 45 % about a year ago. The Mackinaw Center is a civil fascist think-tank. It's just that sometimes the bourgeois information services just confess.

Hasn't tuition been going up steadily for decades, at Michigan's state schools, pushing them further and further from the reach of the lower incomed ?