[lbo-talk] kids alright

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sat Apr 2 07:04:54 PDT 2011

On Apr 2, 2011, at 2:20 AM, SA wrote:

> "As you may know, Wisconsin and other states have been in the news because of disputes between the
> governors and state employee labor unions over collective bargaining policies and the state's budget. ... In states where there are such disputes, would you say you agree more with -- the governors or the state employee labor unions?"
>

> Governors State Employees
> National adults 39 48
>

> 18 to 34 years 27 61
> 35 to 54 years 40 43
> 55 and older 45 45

A couple of years ago I read an analysis claiming that today's young were the most left cohort - not just on social issues but economic ones as well (and sorry for perpetuating that questionable opposition) - in the history of polling. I can't find the reference now though. But this is really heartening - because people don't get more conservative as they age.

Doug