[lbo-talk] looking for data on declining religiosity in U.S.

Alan Rudy alan.rudy at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 04:37:04 PDT 2011

On Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 1:33 AM, Jeffrey Fisher <jeff.jfisher at gmail.com>wrote:

> About two-thirds of young people (68%) say
> they are members of a Christian denomination and 43% describe themselves as
> Protestants, compared with 81% of adults ages 30 and older who associate
> with Christian faiths and 53% who are Protestants.

On this point, and I should preface what follows with a note that a LARGE majority of my students continue to attend services during college, very very few know much - if anything - about the difference between Protestantism and Catholicism, much less different Protestant denominations, or - of course - hardly anything about non-Christian religions.