[lbo-talk] Von Hayek was wrong

// ravi ravi at platosbeard.org
Tue Apr 5 17:45:35 PDT 2011

On Apr 5, 2011, at 8:20 PM, 123hop at comcast.net wrote:
> I wish you the best in securing congenial work. I think you misunderstood the drift of my original post. I was not pleased with the way the NYT article mixed up the free work of the truly desperate with the free work of temporarily unemployed CEOs, lining up their next gig.

Which is exactly how I read your post. Irrespective of which segment of "free workers" is larger, I think (tentatively) that they are different in nature and worthy of independent attention.

Mark writes:
> And it's not clear to me how
> taking away from me even this pathetically slight opportunity works to my
> benefit or that of the world.

Please don't read me wrong. I have not advocated outlawing free work (much less called for treating everyone, or even some who work for free, "scabs") and consequently denying you this understandable and necessary outlet/opportunity. I hope for nothing but the best for you.

--ravi