[lbo-talk] Von Hayek was wrong

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed Apr 6 17:06:27 PDT 2011

On 4/4/2011 8:39 PM, // ravi w
> Thank you, boss. I accept all compliments! :-) And as for your query: does what happen a lot? Arguing against the person and that sort of thing? You would be surprised how prevalent it is. There ought to be a vaccination against it.

There is no logical error that is more offensive than an ad hominem argument -- or even a whiff of one.

And strangely enough, there have been on this list highly educated people who did not know the diference between an ad hminem argument and a personal attack; and while the latter is rudee, the former marks someone with no intellectual interests.

Carrol