[lbo-talk] Good riddance

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 09:31:51 PDT 2011

While we are at that, what do other on this list think of a state-level referendum initiative to ban standardized testing altogether i.e. by limiting testing to the factual knowledge as prescribed by the school-board approved curriculum? I think it would get considerable right wing support, parents rights, religious kooks, etc. I understand that it would open the door for idiocies such as cretinism or is creationism :)? - but I do not think that those idiocies are the main enemy of the education as we know it. The business/testing model is. I mean, the idiocy of religious-based lunacy is obvious on its face - but the business/testing model is a Trojan horse that passes for legitimate "science."

I also think that the professoriat that cooks up these testing models can be quite vulnerable to critique and boycotts by their peers and students, no?

Wojtek