[lbo-talk] Desktop Publishing for people who don't know what they are doing

// ravi ravi at platosbeard.org
Fri Apr 8 17:37:33 PDT 2011

On Apr 8, 2011, at 8:10 PM, Jeffrey Fisher wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 8, 2011 at 7:04 PM, Billy O'Connor <billyoc at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>> I hope it's better than OpenOffice, NeoOffice, and all that other
>>> crap.
>>
>> Here that one at the Genius Bar, didja?
>
> No. Used them.

Crap? Come on. They are probably a bit more difficult to use, etc, than the bloatware from Microsoft that people are addicted to like crack. But when some suit that I am not allowed to strangle sends me a "Word document", OpenOffice does a fairly decent job of letting me view it, edit it and send it back without spending so much time on it that I start feeling like a pedophile. :-)

--ravi

P.S: if you have a Mac, I recommend iWork, which costs I think about 1/4th of Microsoft "crap", and is much less of an eyesore.