[lbo-talk] Gaza and a shout out

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 17:11:38 PDT 2011

On Sun, Apr 10, 2011 at 5:41 AM, // ravi <ravi at platosbeard.org> wrote:

> So, Israel is at it again. Which reminds me that listmember Joe Catron is
> out in the middle of all this action and I had to write to say how impressed
> I am by him. I see his posts and photographs on Facebook and they give a
> personal feel to the situation and the people (such as a recent album in
> which Joe is tagged which includes delightful images of young children
> playing at the beach). Take care and be safe, Joe!

Thanks, Ravi! I don't know that anything I'm doing here is that impressive (certainly those who reside here have sacrificed a lot more), but your support means a great deal.

Incidentally, the children I joined at the beach the day before yesterday are from the Samouni family, which achieved the most tragic sort of fame after Operation Cast Lead:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/jan/20/gaza-israel-samouni-family

And since I know we all have so much money lying around, here's a project a number of my friends here are coordinating to help the family recover from the devastation in which they still live:

http://www.samouniproject.net