[lbo-talk] Atlas Shurgged: the movie

123hop at comcast.net 123hop at comcast.net
Sun Apr 10 22:14:23 PDT 2011

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mark Bennett" <bennett.mab at gmail.com>

Ovid, especially in the Heroides, also seemed to be on the ball.

---- Oh yeah, I forgot about the classics: add Sappho, Catullus, and Ovid. Shake well.

And now that I think of it, it's not just that women are given short shrift...but the whole subject of sexuality...

So, add Blake and Whitman.

"I SING the Body electric; The armies of those I love engirth me, and I engirth them; They will not let me off till I go with them, respond to them, And discorrupt them, and charge them full with the charge of the Soul"

sexual love as a means of discorruption!!!....that always knocks me out!

Joanna