[lbo-talk] Found Wisconsin votes don't add up

Bryan Atinsky bryan at alt-info.org
Mon Apr 11 09:56:33 PDT 2011

Yah, sadly I think it was a case of her complete incompetence. I definitely think she should be fired, but i think the evidence doesn't point to criminality in this case.

Waukesha is rabidly Republican, a blot on the map between Milwaukee and Madison. Taking out Waukesha votes, Kloppenburg would win the elections hands down. But it doesn't surprise me that they had such a high turnout, they tend towards active conservative extremism.

These issues are moving targets and it seemed a plausible argument when I published the link on Facebook, until I saw later that Patch/huffington showed that they had similar numbers the next day.

What this sadly points to is that while the Wisconsin public in general does not tend towards conservatism, because of the low voter turnout among left/liberals/progressives, all it takes is a few activist rightwing counties to have a high turnout and they can push an extremist agenda down our throats.

If the last months of demonstrations and battle against the reactionary budget being pushed by Walker and company weren't enough to activate the Wisconsin electorate, we are in big trouble.

Bryan

Sent from my iPad