[lbo-talk] the decline of men

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Apr 14 13:27:04 PDT 2011

On Apr 14, 2011, at 4:19 PM, // ravi wrote:

>> Women also had to deal with pregnancy and lactation.
>>
>> Of course, there's the envy of multiple orgasms theory of women's oppression too - men just couldn't stand it, so they kept 'em on a short leash.
>>

> You guys need to start using smileys, however uncool it feels. Srsly. :-)

The first is not a joke at all. I read a whole article on the topic in NLR about 20-25 years ago.

The second is only partly a joke. Men are afraid of the disruptive power of female sexuality. Read George Gilder - he lays it all bare. That, and the homo-anxiety at the core of so much right-wing thought.

Doug