[lbo-talk] the decline of men

Matthias Wasser matthias.wasser at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 19:10:27 PDT 2011

On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 4:55 PM, Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:

> On Apr 14, 2011, at 4:41 PM, Dennis Claxton wrote:
>
> > At 01:27 PM 4/14/2011, Doug Henwood wrote:
> >
> >> The second is only partly a joke. Men are afraid of the disruptive power
> of female sexuality.
> >
> > Hard to tell which is stronger, this fear, or the related fear of queer
> sexuality
>
> Yup, which is why I mentioned Gilder. Really, there's almost nothing you
> could read that would provide more insight into why abortion and homosex are
> so central to right-wing obsessions.

"Her sexuality determines her long term goals. As a very physiological consciousness, she knows she can bear and nurture children. She has a central role in the very perpetuation of the species...The Women’s Movement tragically reduces female sexuality to the terms of male sexuality. When this happens, she reduces herself to the male level of recreational sex. Paradoxically, when that happens the woman loses all her power over men and the reverence and respect toward the procreative potential of woman is lost. And that really destroys the family. But if the power of “choice” is given up, the woman actually ascends to a higher level of sexuality and her body attains an almost mystical power over men.*.."

*Ha ha, this is great. Is the whole book like this?