[lbo-talk] U.S. giving up on Libyan rebels

ken hanly northsunm at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 15 07:35:58 PDT 2011

I do not mean just the destruction by the coalition although that will be plenty. Complicated communications equipment, his complete air forces, ammunition, much supplied originally by the coalition. But the rebels and Gadaffi are ruining cities. Every time they change hands they are subject to barrages by both sides Just look at any TV clips inside cities that change hands. By not attempting even for force a cease fire on both sides the coalition is ensuring the destruction keeps on going and going unless they can beat Gadaffi into submission. Opposition trucks are hit only by accident by NATO so far.

Cheers, ken

----- Original Message ---- From: Fernando Cassia <fcassia at gmail.com> To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Sent: Thu, April 14, 2011 10:46:51 PM Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] U.S. giving up on Libyan rebels

On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 11:14 PM, ken hanly <northsunm at yahoo.com> wrote:

> But think of
> all the creative destruction that will provide plenty of opportunity for
> foreign
> companies to rebuild and resupply a ruined Libya.

¿Examples? I haven´t seen a single report highlighting that civilian infrastructure has been a target of attacks as happened in other wars where the electrical grid, water and bridges were targets.

¿So what are you expecting to be "rebuilt" besides Gaddafi´s tanks and opposition´s trucks?