[lbo-talk] inside job/economists

Jim Farmelant farmelantj at juno.com
Sun Apr 17 04:21:19 PDT 2011

On Sat, 16 Apr 2011 21:13:36 -0700 MICHAEL YATES <mikedjyates at msn.com> writes:

> Stuck in Tucson waiting for eye surgery, I watched Inside Job on my
> laptop last night. The last part focuses on the economists whose
> "scholarship" and consulting promoted the economic ideas and
> policies that contributed considerably to the Great Recession.
> The arrogance and bald faced lying of these luminaries was
> remarkable. Glenn Hubbard, Martin Feldstein, Frederic Mishkin,
> Summers, and so many others--all disgusting pigs, getting rich by
> pimping for finance. They all deserve a firing squad.

Truth be told, you could probably shoot about 90% of the academic economists without causing any harm to society. As I recall, when I proposed that on the Marxmail list, some people actually objected. I can't understand why.

Jim Farmelant http://independent.academia.edu/JimFarmelant www.foxymath.com Learn or Review Basic Math