[lbo-talk] inside job/economists

Alan Rudy alan.rudy at gmail.com
Sun Apr 17 06:19:35 PDT 2011

On Sun, Apr 17, 2011 at 8:15 AM, Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:

> On Apr 17, 2011, at 7:21 AM, Jim Farmelant wrote:
> > Truth be told, you could probably shoot about 90% of the academic
> > economists without causing any harm to society. As I recall,
> > when I proposed that on the Marxmail list, some people actually
> > objected. I can't understand why.
>
> It'd be an inappropriate punishment. They should be put to work at some
> sort of community service, repairing their damage to society.
>
> Doug

I'm thinking the manual labor side of bridge reconstruction and snow removal in Minnesota, the Dakotas and Maine in the winter and wetland recovery and county, state and federal park boardwalk reconstruction along the Gulf Coast in the summer when they aren't rebuilding homes and community centers in the Ninth Ward, East St. Louis, Camden, Southie, Gary, West Oakland, East LA, El Paso and rural Appalachia.