[lbo-talk] the decline of men

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Apr 21 11:26:45 PDT 2011

On Apr 21, 2011, at 2:14 PM, Andy wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 5:08 PM, Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:
>
>> Really, you should read it. Everyone should. The whole thing is miraculous. George Gilder, Men and Marriage (revised and expanded version of Sexual Suicide). Used copies from $2.25 up on Amazon. You will never again wonder why the right wing is so obsessed with these things.
>
> Aw, hell, you should have mentioned that the book is an example of the
> pathology! I try to buy new from people who deserve the support....

Ha! True story about George Gilder, from someone who used to know him (when he was a liberal Republican). He'd come home every evening and throw his spare change behind the couch. Why? Because if he were ever in need of money, he'd have it - but only if he got on his knees and had to scrounge around to get it.

Doug