[lbo-talk] the decline of men

John Wesley godisamethodist at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 21 14:21:08 PDT 2011

No, not true, but nonetheless the same old gender stereotypes that we must continue to bear ad nauseum. Mike G

________________________________ From: c b <cb31450 at gmail.com> To: lbo-talk <lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org> Sent: Thu, April 14, 2011 4:38:24 PM Subject: [lbo-talk] the decline of men

John Wesley Not exactly profound discoveries!

Mike G

^^^^^ CB; Are u saying these are true about  u?  If so, speak for yourself (giggles)

? Not I  etc.    You never feel fear or vulnerability ?  Love ? r u kidding. ?  I love Deborah and tell her so often.  I do. I ask for help all the time. I'm very collective in method.

^^^^^

They don't realize that making love to a woman is different than masturbation.

^^^^^ CB: Making love to a woman is similar to masturbating/pleasuring a woman. (giggles) ^^^^^

They do not understand that relationships require a lot of attention and work.

^^^^^^^ CB: I just told V. that I'm not looking for a relationship  because it's too much work.

^^^^^ Many fear and hate women.

^^^^^^^ CB; There's nothing to fear about the vast majority of women if you are gentlemanly (i. e. gentle ; don't "tease" out of nervousness; don't clown unless they are clowning; don't be mean; don't argue), courteous, very attentive to their feelings and concerns, patient, don't talk too much. What r they concerned about ? Sensible stuff. They need money, work, transportation, rest, cleanliness, fun and relaxation, appreciation for all the work they do; they want u to look good so they can enjoy looking at you; smell and sound good too. basics  like men, childcare.  Just care about what they are concerned about. It's not hard to figure out.  All this can be done without a "relationship" . It can be done with many.

______________________________ Feminism as an approach or framework works because women have been and continue to be discriminated against as a class. What would be the equivalent for men, when you say “men’s issues”?

---

Men's issues: from everything I've been able to observe in 57 years....in no particular order.

They don't allow themselves to feel certain emotions: vulnerability, fear, (often love because it makes them feel vulnerable). Anger is generally the only emotion it's ok for them to have.

They think they have to do everything by themselves. They are afraid to ask for help. If they do get help, they seldom acknowledge it.

They pretend they know more than they actually do.

They don't realize that making love to a woman is different than masturbation.

They do not understand that relationships require a lot of attention and work.

Many fear and hate women.

Joanna