[lbo-talk] John McCain Lauds Anti-Gadhafi Force During Libya Visit

ken hanly northsunm at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 22 15:50:35 PDT 2011

Dennis Redmond says:

But this bashing of the Libyan revolution won't fly.

I guess that is part of the no fly zone!

Cheers, ken

----- Original Message ---- From: Dennis Redmond <metalslorg at gmail.com> To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Sent: Fri, April 22, 2011 3:07:05 PM Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] John McCain Lauds Anti-Gadhafi Force During Libya Visit

On Fri, Apr 22, 2011 at 10:43 AM, ken hanly <northsunm at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Of course the rebels are still open to attack but then Libyan casualties
> are one
> thing allied casualties quite another. The rebels will be thankful for the
> weakening of Gadaffi's forces. They will be motivated to continue pressing
> for
> regime change, sabotage any peace attempts, and do what the coalition
> wants
> without any casualties to coalition partners and to the cheers of many
> liberals
> in coalition countries.

McCain is irrelevant to the issue, he's just another centurion of a dying Empire. But this bashing of the Libyan revolution won't fly.

Qaddafi is a murderous swine, a tyrant, a thug who murdered goddess-only-knows-how-many honest progressives, leftists and dissenters in Libya. The people of Libya have had enough of the monster, and they're fighting back -- and winning. The rebels aren't perfect, but there's a metric ton of videos, interviews, and other English-language media describing who they are and what they want. They're ordinary people, and they want some sort of democratic state.