[lbo-talk] Wittgenstein

Miles Jackson cqmv at pdx.edu
Sun Apr 24 21:48:23 PDT 2011

On 04/24/2011 07:37 PM, 123hop at comcast.net wrote:
> What was Wittgenstein's political inclination...? I mean, he did give all his money away....but to his sisters, for fear it would corrupt the poor?
>
> J.

I suppose we could speculate about his motives for giving all his family money away, but I'd rather be reading Philosophical Investigations. --One of the things I like about Wittgenstein is that you can't easily discern his politics from his philosophical work: unlike many contemporary philosopher-celebrities (cough*Zizek*cough), he saw no need to fit his philosophical arguments to the Procrustean bed of his own preexisting political ideology.

Miles