[lbo-talk] Atlas Flopped

c b cb31450 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 14:58:53 PDT 2011

Doug Henwood

<http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/la-et-quick-20110427,0,7726389.story>

Twelve days after opening "Atlas Shrugged: Part 1," the producer of the Ayn Rand adaptation said Tuesday that he is reconsidering his plans to make Parts 2 and 3 because of scathing reviews and flagging box office returns for the film.

"Critics, you won," said John Aglialoro, the businessman who spent 18 years and more than $20 million of his own money to make, distribute and market "Atlas Shrugged: Part 1," which covers the first third of Rand's dystopian novel. "I'm having deep second thoughts on why I should do Part 2."

... ^^^^^^^ CB; Kind of wish he would make 2 and 3. The whole project seems to be turning out to be an anti-capitalist propaganda film, given it's unpopular.