[lbo-talk] DU weapon use in Libya

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Wed Apr 27 16:22:20 PDT 2011

DRR writes:

> Deployed, yes, in the brief window before NATO took
> over the operation -- but that's not the same thing
> as actually being used.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2011/03/29/3176341.htm

The US has used AC-130 gunships and A-10 Thunderbolt tankbusters against Moamar Gaddafi's troops in Libya, the Pentagon has confirmed.

Vice Admiral Bill Gortney confirmed the use of the ground attack aircraft this morning but denied the US was directly supporting rebel fighters.

"We have employed A-10s and AC-130s over the weekend," he said, without giving specifics about targets.

[...]