[lbo-talk] Krugman: The Road to Romneycare

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 07:18:21 PDT 2011

Angelus: "Probably true 40+ years ago,"

[WS:] I am talking history, end of the 19th and early 20th century, when frameworks of social policies were formed - not today. Today everything is indeed pro-capitalist on both sides of the pond. But the point I am making is that it happened in two different ways: Europeans were mostly bribed into accepting capitalism by social welfare and high standards of living, whereas Americans mostly sucked into it or at least did not seriously challenged it, so much less bribing was needed.

As to the rest of your posting - it is quite irrelevant to the point I am making. Please cite serious historical comparative analyses of the subject instead of self-style radical rants. I am not really interested in "deconstructing" the welfare state - you will find better audience on Ayn Rand lists.

Wojtek