[lbo-talk] I will be moderating Steve Ignorant (CRASS) in-store in Austin, May 3

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 28 14:31:56 PDT 2011

Just FYI, for Austin LBOsters into political music.

Tuesday, May 3rd, Steve Ignorant will bring his "Only Crass Songs" tour to his one date in Texas -- Austin, at 9:30 PM, at Emo's.

However, Steve Ignorant/Intelligent has also written a new autobiography, "The Rest is Propaganda," <http://steveignorant.co.uk/2010/09/the-rest-is-propaganda/> and he will be doing a ***FREE*** in-store appearance at End of an Ear Records on south 1st Street in Austin, that same night.

He'll be taking audience questions, and I will be moderating. I'm sure it'll get up on YouTube.

If you're not aware of Crass, they were one of the early punk bands, from 1978 - 1984, who took serious political anarcho-leftism to its next, militant level, beyond The Clash, et. al. Read their lyrics. Some people hate 'em, some worship them. I think they're so overrate that they're underrated. There are Peel Sessions with them, etc.

This is a recent video of one of their performances: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2J41GWf-wM

Anyway, Austin LOBsters, would be cool to see you at End of An Ear, 6:30 PM, Tuesday, May 3rd, for this totally FREE event before his shuffles on down to Emo's to do nothing but vintage Crass songs.

Contact me if you have any questions or for whatever reason :)

-B.