[lbo-talk] Atlas Flopped

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 05:13:32 PDT 2011

Joanna: "It's flopping cause it's a lousy movie."

[WS:] It is just a lousy story. Reminds me of juvenile attempts at writing that my friends and I made in high school. That can probably explain its popularity among certain males. Men tend to mature late, in their forties or so, but for many their emotional development is arrested in their adolescence. They are biologically mature but emotionally juvenile or even infantile, which makes them naturally drawn to stories featuring cartoonish, unidimensional, emotionally banal characters engaged in a plot that is a weird combination of the perfunctory, the bizarre and the appalling.

Wojtek