[lbo-talk] American Idiocracy redux

Alan Rudy alan.rudy at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 09:35:30 PDT 2011

On Sat, Apr 30, 2011 at 11:39 AM, Wojtek S <wsoko52 at gmail.com> wrote:

> http://www.gallup.com/poll/147338/Americans-Blame-Wasteful-Government-Spending-Deficit.aspx
>
> [WS:] It seems that most Americans believe in flat earth economics.
> In this light, Obama's administration should be admired for their
> heroic stand against the idiocy of the American popular "wisdom."
>
> Wojtek

You mean because, about twice a year, they make staggeringly mild defenses of rationalizing reductions in social spending as a counter to right wing insanity, all the while moving further and further towards the insane cuts approach refusing even to listen to utterly mainstream economists like Krugman and policy wonks like Reich? And because, they claim to make reductions in military expenditures when all they are doing is making the most minor reductions in rates of increased military expenditures? You gotta be kidding me. Or maybe your comment was snark...?