[lbo-talk] American Idiocracy redux

// ravi ravi at platosbeard.org
Sat Apr 30 17:52:17 PDT 2011

On Apr 30, 2011, at 8:20 PM, 123hop at comcast.net wrote:

> Not good enough. Some people are leftists because they like to be right on principle; others, because they have an eternally adolescent contrary spirit; others, because of great compassion; others, because their parents were leftists; etc.

Eternally adolescent contrarian spirit, here! I don’t have any principles.

Though as always I love reading Woj’s meditations, I tend to agree (with Admiral Rudy) that in this instance, the cup of pessimism has runneth over. If Wisconsin can swing from Feingold to Walker (yes, not the same seat, I know) and the only way to get Kucinich out was to gerrymander him out of Congress, then what that says is that the public is malleable. IMHO.

—ravi