[lbo-talk] The myth of Obama blunders and weakness

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Tue Aug 2 08:39:47 PDT 2011

1) I did mean my response to apply to both SA & Julio: Both share the view that intervention by radicals in electoral politics can influence public opinion. I deny this. Nothing whatever follows from any action radicals take in respect to RP/DP politics. If/when A Left emerges with some coherence and a mass following*, then left responses to DP/RP candidates MAY make a difference. At present Julio & SA and those who agree with them are merely children building sand castles on the beach.

2) I did fail to distinguish between the words of SA and Julio, but I intended not to distinguish between their positions.

3) I usually write my posts in Word, then run them through EmilStripper, before pasting them in a new post.

Carrol