[lbo-talk] the hard-wired metaphor

Eubulides paraconsistent at comcast.net
Sun Aug 7 19:44:04 PDT 2011

On 8/7/2011 6:46 PM, Miles Jackson wrote:

> In my view, the "wired" metaphor is misleading, no matter how it's
> finessed.
>
> Miles

Give it up, Miles. It doesn't matter if it's a metaphor, simile, analogy or dead in the water research program. Some folks are hard wired to believe we're hard wired as they operationalize Carrol's platitudes on the death of persuasion.

Besides, I can't spell so I have to be wrong no matter what current neuroscience, immunology and intestinal bacteriology "say."