[lbo-talk] US Debt-Serfs Start To Wake Up

Dennis Redmond metalslorg at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 13:18:39 PDT 2011

An Ipsos/Reuters poll says 73% of Americans now think the economy is going to hell in a handbasket, close to an all-time high. Nothing those of us who work for a living didn't already know, right? But there's a fascinating detail hidden at the end:

--------------- http://www.ipsos-na.com/news-polls/pressrelease.aspx?id=5301 "We also asked what the public think the Government should do to stimulate the economy: cutting spending (49%) and taxing the wealthy (46%) came highest, followed by investment in infrastructure (34%)." ---------------

Those 49% and 46% are amazing figures, considering the general ineffectiveness of the US Left and the amount of time mainstream neoliberal media oligopolies hammer US citizens with market fundamentalist dogma. There's finally mass support for an anti-neoliberal politics in this country, for the first time in my lifetime. The full PDF of the report is here: http://www.ipsos-na.com/download/pr.aspx?id=10888

-- DRR