[lbo-talk] US Debt-Serfs Start To Wake Up

John Gulick john_gulick at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 10 18:53:30 PDT 2011

Dennis Redmond wrote:>There's finally mass support for an anti-neoliberal politics in this country, for the first time in my lifetime.JG writes:Huh? More poll respondents support spending cuts than raising taxes on the wealthy. Since the mass media framing of cuts focused on entitlements, we can assume that most respondents weren'tthinking about slashing the military-security budget. And more self-declared Dems than Reps supported the "deal." We can assume that many of the latter opposed the terrible "deal" because it raisedthe ceiling yet again. Who knows, the serfs may be awakening (I'm not convinced) but this is not evidence of it.