[lbo-talk] Wisconsin recall results

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Thu Aug 11 12:51:02 PDT 2011

On Aug 11, 2011, at 3:22 PM, Bryan Atinsky wrote:

> On the level of local and state legislators, I just don't get this
> reasoning....in a case when there wasn't a radical candidate that
> would go as far as you would like to choose from and the Dem was
> within the range of someone who while you might want them to go
> further, aren't antithetical to your positions on matters that will
> most definitely and practically impact education, healthcare,
> workers' rights, etc.

But Wojtek is right at least in this: that the American political duopoly is structured to preclude any progressive populist alternative. It makes American so-called "democracy" a farce, a fraud. But the duopoly cannot be broken unless that part of it whose function is to contain, disorient, and neuter any movement toward a possible peoples' alternative is put out of commission. The starting point,as I have consistently maintained, is to organize an independent peoples' campaign against Obama, against the Dumbocrats. Lesserevilism, on any level, subverts that necessity. There is not, never will be, an election in which one of the duopolists (almost always the Dumbo) will not appear to be, at least on some "issue," the lesser evil. As Wisconsin proves, it's a blind alley leading only to CPUSA-style Obamism for the left and disaster for the people.