[lbo-talk] Fwd: Re: [Pen-l] riots

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Thu Aug 11 13:18:47 PDT 2011

-------- Original Message -------- Subject: Re: [Pen-l] riots Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 22:05:29 +0100 From: Paul Cockshott <William.Cockshott at glasgow.ac.uk> Reply-To: Progressive Economics <pen-l at lists.csuchico.edu> To: Progressive Economics <pen-l at lists.csuchico.edu>

Have a look at Darcus Howe on it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqn75z6CvI4 ______________________________________ From: pen-l-bounces at lists.csuchico.edu [pen-l-bounces at lists.csuchico.edu] On Behalf Of Carrol Cox [cbcox at ilstu.edu] Sent: Wednesday, August 10, 2011 6:17 PM To: Progressive Economics Subject: Re: [Pen-l] riots

Riots are a pre-political response lacking any effective formal means of response to some outrage. (The instigators may or may not be "hot heads.") Most only devlop into riots when minor bits of vandalism are met by a full-scale pol9ice riot. Very few riots are not, essentially, police riots.

Riots are rare in communities that have been politicized. After the death of King NO rioting occurred in any neighborhood in which SNCC or the Panthers had been organizing.

Carrol