[lbo-talk] riots of the '60s

Ferenc Molnar ferenc_molnar at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 11 13:50:13 PDT 2011

Around fifteen years ago, I did a bit of research on the urban riots of the '60's and how they impacted the way Northeastern cities had been redeveloped in the 70's and 80's and I remember being startled at how little scholarly material had been written about them.  It felt like academia had been complicit in erasing an essential period of U.S. history from the record, especially in regards to the history of U.S. cities. Perhaps that's changed since then, I don't know...