[lbo-talk] The criminalization of the poor

123hop at comcast.net 123hop at comcast.net
Thu Aug 11 17:57:11 PDT 2011

Perhaps it is different when the police take to holding your car to ransom, while you wait months for a court hearing? Though I would say it is something you need to consider. I would definitely do it, but then I'm obsessive compulsive. ;-)

--- Yeah. It would be my word against the cops. I cannot vouch for the fact that the car was not sitting in the middle of the road and posing a traffic hazard at two in the morning. All I can do is suggest that it makes no sense for a thief to break into the car, start it somehow, drive it ten feet, and then abandon it. All the while leaving no marks of forced entry in a car with two different security locks.

I decided to move on.

Joanna