[lbo-talk] Apologies on China and a possible explanation

Chuck Grimes c123grimes at att.net
Fri Aug 12 11:15:16 PDT 2011

I apologize to Doug and SA for the other night's outbrust.

I feel sick and disgusted. I've been trying to get rid of my temper for years.

Even so, after thinking it over it still seems to me the SF Fed numbers are off. I've been going over them in my mind and can't figure out how they could be so low. I suspect the figure does not count all the components that go into finished durable goods.

So in my mind when I looked at that Chinese percent I was expecting to see something that resembled a figure in my mind that represented the whole pacific rim and South Asia.

Something like a total asian durable goods figure would probably correspond much better to my reality.

Sayan's crack about anecdote is not a synonym for data made me laugh in a good way. I use my experience because I don't usually study data. About the only sources I use are BLS and the US Census stats which do usually correspond to what I see around me.

Anyway apologies again.

CG