[lbo-talk] Wisconsin recall results

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sat Aug 13 07:58:57 PDT 2011

On 8/13/2011 8:16 AM, Marv Gandall wrote:

> On 2011-08-12, at 10:40 PM, Carrol Cox wrote:
>
> The most effective organizers I have met in unions, political parties, antiwar and solidarity organizations, and small revolutionary left groups have been patient, tolerant of differences, not easily agitated, amiable, and devoid of any trace of egotism.

Sounds right. But the contrast at issue is not between good and bad organizers; it is betwen organizers, good or bad, and bleacher bums: those who sit on the sidelines and issue profound statements about what those poor ignorant organizers out there ought to do.

Carrol

P.S. Anyone from the Chicago area will probably be familiar with the (in)famous bleacher bums at Cubs games.