[lbo-talk] Marx was right

Evergreen Readers and Writers editor at evergreenreaders.com
Sun Aug 14 17:12:37 PDT 2011

Marx doesn't need the recommendation of any bourgeoisie idiot, who with too many signs and groans happen at last to permit themselves to surmise that Marx might have been a human being actually. Otherwise they have been given to the notion that Marx was had no qualification of counted amongst men.

It took US sociologists 77 years after Marx's death to feel compelled to allow the name of Marx be mentioned in the textbooks and other works on Sociology. Up to that time, they were haunted by the ghost of Marx, while never mentioning the Ghost by name.

There are uncountable stars in the Cosmos, and consequently, uncountable places where there may be life-but those idiots haven't discovered us so far. I wish, instead of ours discovering the intelligent species outside, we be discovered rather. For, if we discover them they are bound to be backward than us. And if they happen to be cannibals eating one another's children as dishes in the hotels, we are doomed forever. Our professors, intellectuals and capitalists will take no time to apply that "Law of nature" in all its nakedness and brutality here too. Therefore I wish them to discover us. And I wish they are of the same stature and form as ourselves-so that we are important to them; and they don't rate us as low and unimportant as ants, honeybees, or monkeys and chimpanzees are to us. If, on the other hand, they are just one foot tall each, we, the backward people, will only ridicule at them as well as their society . So the best thing is someday a spaceship with some gentlemen of our shape and size, perhaps pink in colour, lands in a good park. Whole world will curiously watch them. One fellow of our species will dispense with all his engagements of the day and go to meet them. Let us suppose they have an instrument with them into which they feed the English Dictionary and Grammar and the instrument becomes an instant translator of their language. The fellow member of our species will address them: "Welcome! Hearty welcome to you all to our planet!" "Thank you! Kindly introduce yourself." "I'm the most powerful man upon Earth. That is why it falls into my honour to meet you first. In fact, by leaving aside my all engagements of the day, I have honoured you!" "Most powerful man! What makes you the most powerful man?" "Well, for one I'm quite well off. I am a very educated man as well. You see we have 50% of the population completely illiterate and 90% people are good for nothing in terms of education... For my personal security itself we spend about one million dollars per day, which is equivalent to more than one million workers' daily wages elsewhere. You see in many cases four to five million people have to live upon just one million dollars daily. Besides I have ten thousand nuclear weapons in my hand, enough to melt away all our mountains and evaporate away all our oceans. We've 800 million people going to bed hungry or half-hungry each night. We have two billion people who can die easily for want of a petty surgery because they can't afford one. Amidst such glorious world and our supreme capitalism, God stands witness that He has judged me worthy of His grace and great fortune... I'm busy solving the problems of my people. My predecessors also did the same thing..." "Well, Mr. Most Powerful Man! At our planet you are called a monster of antiquity or a phantom of savagery. Some call you the prince of wretchedness too. However, we've no right to enquire further into the matter. If you would be kind to us we would like to speak to somebody who opposes your civilised world-system." "Somebody oppose our supreme system of humanity! How can such a criminal or coward survive here! We had a Thomas More and we beheaded him. We had Bebouf, Morelly, Marx, Engels, Lenin, Rosa Luxmberg, Karl Leibneikth, Trotsky... we have had thousands of known ones and millions of unknown ones-we jeered at many till they turned mad or committed suicide, some starved to death, and others we dispatched to Hell, their proper place." "Any recent fete!" "There are thousands. We are very clever people. Nobody can ever compete with us. To cite you just one example we recently killed several birds with but one stone. The backbone of our economy is war-industry you know. Our power lies in the amount we extract from selling armaments. But there are great difficulties in such sales. All arms deals have to be done in a very subtle way. We can't give advertisements for their sale. We direly needed an exhibition to promote such sales. The other thing we needed was to experiment and experience how far we could send any place into the stone age without using the ground-forces. Yet another thing we needed was to give faith to our armed personnel that we care much for their lives. And one more thing we needed was to win back the trust of all Muslims of the world that we are their honest patrons. We also needed to promote nationalism a-further and entice various nationalities to not only feel embittered against one another but actively massacre one another too. We did it all in one go. There in Europe at a place called Kosovo we performed all these things together. We won completely. Our arms sales have multiplied since the time." "Well, Mr. Most Powerful Man! God of darkness and wretchedness be with you, your followers, and your descendants! As far us we have come to a wrong place. Our mission has failed. Good bye!" "The ugly pink-faced stupid fellows have left humiliated." report the various newspapers immediately. "The donkeys couldn't bear our advancement and culture. They have acknowledged our absolute superiority over them. They are horribly backward and violent people. They wanted to have a dish of human flesh, which we refused them. That is why they left..." "Another cause of their leaving so abruptly", reports the editorial in another newspaper, "is our firm faith in the grace of God. They couldn't tolerate that!" "Al-ham-du-lil-lah! Alhamdulillah!" the priest gives his sermon in the Mosque that evening, "These representative of Iblis, the Devil, left before they could cause any pollution here... "All praise to God be!"