[lbo-talk] London riots anew

Mark Mendoza markanarch at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 06:24:38 PDT 2011

let's not forget that on this day in history... http://www.victorianweb.org/history/riots/peterloo.html

regardless of what is done for the English Yoof (we looted on occasion around our neighborhoods on the South Coast on a much smaller scale in my younger days, though i was something of a middle class tourist in such actions: breaking and stealing meant personal power/ acquiring an essential sensation of un-helplessness for most of me mates -- i used a combination of parents' money and a wage packet to buy books and records instead), one hopes the coincidence might spark some useful debate in civil society (English cs, being racist and classist to the core, alas, yet still changeable to some significant degree depending on how effective the Left's debate proves, i.e. certainly NOT Bauman's ahistorical blame-consumerism style or blind-sighted anarcho-communist enthusiasm, but an approach with real dialogue in the works), with props to demands like this: http://kmflett.wordpress.com/2011/08/15/historians-call-for-official-apology-for-peterloo-on-192nd-anniversary/

--

In tyrannos