[lbo-talk] Verizon Demo Today

Julio Huato juliohuato at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 10:10:17 PDT 2011

Hope to see you there.

* * *

Rally against Verizon as the Dept. of Education votes to award them a $120 million contract with NYC!

What:      Join the CWA, Labor and allies to Protest and Rally against Verizon When:     TODAY, Wednesday, August 17th, 2011 - 5pm Where:    Murry Bergtraum High School – 411 Pearl St., lower Manhattan

Today, Wednesday, August 17th, the Department of Education's Panel for Education Policy will vote on whether to approve a $120 million contract with telecom giant Verizon.

45,000 members of the CWA and IBEW who work at Verizon have been forced to strike to defend their pension, health and other benefits, and to prevent Verizon from destroying these workers ability to earn a living and support their families.  Despite making $3.4 billion in profits in the first half of this year, and receiving a $1.3 billion tax rebate in 2009-2010, Verizon is demanding over 100 different concessions from their workforce.

Verizon is intent on doing its part to destroy the middle class. Verizon workers are fighting for all working people against corporate greed.

Join the NYC Central Labor Council and all working people as we support the striking workers at Verizon TODAY at 5pm to tell Verizon that enough is enough. Together we will stand with our brothers and sisters in CWA and the IBEW in their fight for a fair contract.

An attack on ONE is an attack on ALL.

WE ARE ONE!

Protest Verizon Murry Bergtraum High School – 411 Pearl St. August 17, 2011, 5 pm 4/5/6 or N/R to City Hall / Brooklyn Bridge

For more information contact the NYC Central Labor Council 212-604-9552

www.nycclc.org

Find the NYC Central Labor Council on Facebook