[lbo-talk] Richard Clarke: The CIA knew about 9/11

Julio Huato juliohuato at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 14:26:38 PDT 2011

Jordan wrote:

> For a guy who now makes his living writing about and speaking about
> the whole affair, you would think he'd say this a little louder or more often.

Here is my totally unfounded conjecture:

Richard Clarke is a guy like any of us here. He can be -- you know -- fearful of revenge by those who may feel affected by the insistence and volume of his speculations.

By the way, contra Carrol and others who believe the guy is deftly accomplishing his actual goals, Obama's political behavior as president could be similarly explained. Xe Services and people like that can be scary. That said, I admit it is very hard to establish empirically the plausibility of explanations of this type. I'm not making any assertion, but we should consider these factors as well.