[lbo-talk] Gorbachev: I Should Have Left the Communist Party Earlier

Bhaskar Sunkara bhaskar.sunkara at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 22:09:18 PDT 2011

Thanks for this very long, un-cryptic and enlightening reply.

But the question wasn't whether Gorbachev was "good" or a "loser," but rather how important he was. But, since you veered the conversation this way, I'm not sure that the collapse of Stalinism was an unambiguously bad thing and certainly not the tragedy you make it out to be.