[lbo-talk] Are Conservatives Racist?

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Fri Aug 19 09:31:01 PDT 2011

On Aug 19, 2011, at 12:15 PM, Dissenting Wren wrote:

> This is just dumb. Do you seriously think that the white members of
> the Illinois legislature are paragons of intellectual achievement,
> in comparison with whom Barack Obama was a "demonstrable
> intellectual mediocrity"?

His "credentialed* nonachievement would have slated him for the corporate, not political, had he not been able to pass as "black."

> For that matter, which recent presidents, with the possible
> exception of Bill Clinton, would you rank as intellectually superior
> to Obama?

Not Clinton, Carter. But you're right insofar as Obama is better able to parse a meaningless English-language sentence than any of his immediate predecessors.

> As for the vast corporate scheme to keep the black masses down
> through the cooptation of "moderately talented but thoroughly docile
> 'blacks'" (why the scare quotes, btw?) - our corporate masters
> really just aren't that subtle.

Do you know who invented Affirmative Action? clue: he was a real dick.

Shane Mage

"scientific discovery is basically recognition of obvious realities that self-interest or ideology have kept everybody from paying attention to"