[lbo-talk] A profoundly glib review of Hobsbawm

Bill Quimby quimbywm at gmail.com
Sat Aug 20 09:16:28 PDT 2011

Although I think you would find his memoir, "Interesting Times: A Twentieth Century Life" a fun read. In addition to explaining his life-long dedication to Communism, he also writes eloquently about jazz and its influence on his life. And too his description of being in Paris on the first Bastille Day of the Popular Front period!

Casting about for something to refresh my memories of Hobsbawm reads I found this excellent review of Interesting Times by Perry Anderson, who evaluates both the memoir and Hobsbawm's contribution to radical history.

<http://www.lrb.co.uk/v24/n19/perry-anderson/the-age-of-ejh>

- Bill