[lbo-talk] seems 99% sure

Alan Rudy alan.rudy at gmail.com
Sun Aug 21 08:10:08 PDT 2011

that the Central Michigan University Faculty Association will be engaging in a job action starting Monday. The FA, I'm told the oldest faculty union in the country, hasn't had a contract for five months, the administration hasn't moved an inch since negotiations began, "fact finding" has gotten negotiations nowhere and the administration negotiated in public - explicitly against the agreed upon rules - and so, on the first day of teaching of my first semester at CMU as what they call regular faculty, we're almost assuredly going to begin picketing. A