[lbo-talk] Earthquake in NYC

martin schiller mschiller at pobox.com
Tue Aug 23 12:58:14 PDT 2011

On Aug 23, 2011, at 11:27 AM, dperrin at comcast.net wrote:

> I was in a store in downtown DC. The floor rose like a wave. Bottles falling. Lights out. Wild.

The 'wave' is something that I've 'seen' a number of times while I was in the bay area. It's always amazed me when I would search for the damage caused by a 'wave' passing through concrete slabs, or other material objects that I would consider inflexible. Never found it, and after, would hold the theory that the quake caused aberrations in the light waves, rather than in the inflexible matter.