[lbo-talk] FW: Petit Bourgeoisie Movement Against Corruption in India

Evergreen Readers and Writers editor at evergreenreaders.com
Tue Aug 23 07:13:06 PDT 2011

In India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, etc., (henceforth "sub-continent") "bourgeoisie" democracy has never taken root; and it has no chance of thriving in any third world (or third grade: henceforth TG) country. What is prevalent is a "feudal-cum-landlord" democracy, that is rotten to the core. By feudal-cum-landlord may be understood a society that is outmoded, living with the ideas and culture of medieval Europe, but superimposed upon which is rude and crude capitalism and modernity from within and imperialism and its various packages from without.

We have the rule of different dynasties--whose ancestors were previously Nawabs or kings or big servicemen of British regimes that collectively did their best to fleece and flay the Indian public.

There has never been any complete or successful revolution in the sub-continent during the last 2000 years. There have been some movements, starting from the Buddhist movement in 5th century BC to the attempted revolution of farmers and peasants (Sikhism) under the leadership of Banda Bahadur in Punjab. That movement was brutally crushed by the dying Mughals, Nawabs, and feudal lords, etc.

It was left to the British colonialism to set things to order in the then Hindustan. But British merchants and employees to the sub-continent were mere robbers. They had no interest or energy or culture to do anything useful in the sub-continent. They chose the very rotten kings, Nawabs, feudal lords, etc., as vehicles for carrying out their business there. This is understandable as well--for kings, Nawabs, etc., had armies for robbing the public, especially the peasants.

The rotten kings and Nawabs were never effaced--they were protected--just as in the current world too, all the scoundrels, deadly and pernicious criminals, depraved and perverted people, etc., if driven out from their native lands, do often get a whole hearted welcome in the USA and other "civilized" countries. It is pure inefficiency of Pinochet, Sadam, Mubarak, etc., that they didn't take US citizenship and adorn the US land.

With the passage of centuries, from around CE 1900 capitalism metamorphosed into imperialism. Bolshevik revolution send a shudder through the spine of all ruling classes. Ruling the sub-continent and all colonies directly became expensive as well obsolete. So, a new way had to be invented, and it was done perfectly.

Weird are the manifestations of petit bourgeoisie notions. They have not even the slightest suspicion about feudalism or capitalism being the immortal systems of societies. But they manage to take issues sideward, often with breathtaking results.

Once it a Mohandas Gandhi, who served the British regime by recruiting the Hindustani Boys for slaughter in the First Rabid Heads' World War, and got Kaisar-e-Hind gold medal for that service to them...--now it is Anna Hazare cult that has flourished.

"Heavens have fallen!" we are told every day, "Mr. XYZ has accepted kickbacks, commissions, illegal money, and made a sum of thousands or millions or billions of dollars for his purse!"

The notion behind these strenuously verified facts is that the system is fine but the Gods at the helm of affairs are rascals.

Mr. P is a businessman. He makes a billion dollars a day. But he is not corrupt! Because his earnings are justified by the system. But poor Mr. Prime Minister of some country makes just a million dollars in a deal costing much of his precious time, and he is frightened by the media that his morsels in the booty are criminal.

All land and industries come under the ownership of 5% of the world's population. All air, water and the natural resources have been divided by the goons amongst themselves. Thousands of people are dying on the footpaths everyday. Billions of people are either starving or malnourished in a surplus-producing world. Billions of the citizens are either uneducated or under-educated in the world that prides itself in knowledge, discovery and exploration.But this all is no corruption. What do these honesty-mongers seek in this organism of thorough corruption? Nothing but imbecility and illusions.

The truth is where money is the "life-sustaining" material, there is corruption. Money by its very nature is the blood of all corruption. But this money is the power in your decomposed social system.

Then what crime of Mr. XYZ is it to accept kickbacks to enrich himself in the power hierarchy of the world? What do you want a man of the intelligence of a Prime Minister to be? A slave like the other 95% of the population? A powerless, impotent fellow? A man to be consumed by inferiority before the rich of the world? An eunuch of a moralist of an unintelligible morality? An individual estranged with the whole mechanism of money-society? If so, then how do you expect him to be your Prime Minister instead of being a recluse, a hermit, meditating in some jungle? Or do you want him to be a Philosopher in the world where most of your Universities have already banished the Department of Wisdom from their ranks?

Clarify your stand, Gentlemen!

However there are some innocent people amongst you. There are some who really adore honesty. I won't disappoint them. For them let me sing:

"The truth is that" proclaimed learned Professor, "Your parents have come with money to offer, For tomorrow's exams' papers are today on sale."

Thrilled were Scholars and to market they rushed, An unaffected was left, billions-all gushed.

Prof.: You didn't copy my guess-questions too, Are you sane, what is wrong with you?

Student: If I stand guided by perversion, Sir, How can I know what I have learnt, Sir? How can I test the working of my mind?

Prof.: You speak Philosophy, you're expelled creed, Wisdomless be Universities, the World has decreed!

Student: I know no wisdom, pardon me, Sir! Little is my life some honesty I've Sir!

Prof.: In the museum then lies the proper place for you! Of an extinct species the remnant are you!

Student: Extinct we're not, Sir, endangered we're, We do fail the test of World's trait But free we are and Freedom is Great! World are too many and we so few, But the battle will be there, because we are here!!!