[lbo-talk] Strauss Kahn

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Wed Aug 24 10:39:04 PDT 2011

On Aug 24, 2011, at 12:27 PM, Dennis Claxton wrote:

> Shane wrote:
>
>> What made this extortionist a totally incredible witness
> Why is it so easy for you to call her an extortionist?
The "I know what I'm doing" phone call with one of her confederates. The antics of her sleaze-ball lawyers. The filing of a damage suit before the facts had been brought out at trial.

I had initially thought (based on the facts that the first public report came from a UMP activist who happened to be at the hotel; that the Sofitel management, which has close UMP connections, informed the Elysée before the NY Police had made a public announcement despite the fact that they had been told not to inform anyone prematurely; and on the recent "nuclear war" threat if DSK contemplated a presidential candidacy that Cambedelis revealed within hours of the arrest) that it was a plot by Sarkozy using Diallo as agent. But the sheer amateurishness of the frame-up has convinced me that it was almost certainly your garden-variety (à la Polanski) extortion scheme.

Shane Mage

"scientific discovery is basically recognition of obvious realities that self-interest or ideology have kept everybody from paying attention to"