[lbo-talk] Strauss Kahn

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 11:10:22 PDT 2011

What are you talking about? Here is what the document says

"In an interview conducted on June 28, 2011, in the presence of her lawyer, the complainant provided a materially different account of her actions immediately following the incident in the defendant's suite. At the outset of this interview, she admitted for the first time that she had been untruthful about this key point with prosecutors and had lied about i t in her testimony before the grand jury."

In other words, she started to change her story in June. I can imagine the following scenario: The defendants attorney calling the complainant' or her attorney attorney and says something like "Look you have nothing to gain by going ahead with your rape story. You will be dragged through the mud, and even if the People win the case you get nothing out of it. If on the other hand, you decide to change the story and my client is released, you may be handsomely rewarded, say, half a million? What say you? " She may voice reservations about possible perjury etc, to which the big shot Manhattan lawyer replies "You do not have to recant your story altogether - just give them enough reason to doubt your original story. Here is what you need to do..."

Wojtek